February 7th to February 24th 2018: 18 days: US$3200 (Option for 16 days without Colombo $3000)
Enjoy the highlights of diverse Sri Lanka on a photographic crafted trip that will be far from the normal travel experience.
After numerous trips to Sri Lanka I have chosen the most outstanding locations, wildlife experiences and cultural villages that typify the ways of life of this stunning, colorful country. The people are like an artist’s pallet with their Saris, the landscapes of mist covered, terraced tea plantations and foods are a true delicacy to the taste, the eye and the Lens. I liken Sri Lanka to India without the begging or dangers. Sri Lanka is clean for Asia, with safe food and a high standard of accommodation, which we have personally experienced with the guidance of a local photographer, and local English speaking guide/driver to ensure the trip is fine-tuned reach your expectations.
We will Photograph in 18 days during the cool months of February
- Sunset on west coast beaches silhouetted with sailing dhows
- A guided boat trip into the depths of the tanks (man made lakes) to capture the local fisherman and colors of the sri Lankan king fishers, sea eagles swooping for fish and many other species.
- The migratory bird sites of Northern Mannah, staying in a birding lodge surrounded by birds
- Visit the most northern beach capture the fisherman returning from daily catch
- Take a local guide to go wild elephant spotting
- Stay in tree houses all of recycled materials with the best traditional food cooked on an earthern fires with rare birds above us at breakfast
- Cross the lake on a paddle boat to the cultural experience of the locals
- Choose to Climb the rock fortress of Sigiriya steeped in history.
- Stay at a retreat in the mountains above Kandy furnished by Sri Lankas best Antique collectors in small bungalows surrounded by amazing birds and wildlife.
- Visit Kandy for the celebrations of the Sacred tooth with an afternoon exploring the old town and lake
- Capture the tea pickers where Ceylon became famous with Dilma teas was founded.
- The colourful locals carrying their tea baskets atop their heads. We stay high on the mountain overlooking the Mist-draped hills of the famous tea fields dotted with tea pickers from early morning.
- Spend the afternoon at Nuwara Eliya with high tea in the oldest English hotel,
- Join throngs of pilgrims in Kataragama to experience the ritual of the puja
- Safari rides through the best bird park I have ever experienced
- Safari drive through the famous Yala national park with leopards and sloths if we are lucky. We have our own photographic tour guide Kasun who knows the best locations and requirements of photographers.
- stick fisherman featured on all Sri Lankan where we become their business due to the depleting fish stocks.
- Sunset over the famous fortified city of Galle rich in English history and architecture.
- take small boat ride through bird rich lakes and stop at the Cinnamon island leaving the fragrance of Sri Lanka forever rich in our senses.
- Last days in the culturally rich city of Colombo visiting the famous markets, temple and sunset at Colombo Galle Face.
Return back to freshen up at the lovely hotel Ice Bear to enjoy the last dinner in Negambo.
You will never regret it, but will need more storage for all the photos..
*Incl: Accommodation; 2 delicious meals/day; Guide & Photographic guidance. – Flights Nots included
Not Incl: Airfares, Drinks, 1 meal per day, travel insurance, tips.
Airfares can be Booked by Bree at Flight Centre Birkdale, if desired. Tel: 34010000
Please pay Deposit AUS$500 to confirm your place.